Saturday, November 7, 2009

Soooo we might be going on another roller coaster....

Even though we haven't really talked a lot these past few days because of the moving situation, today was the most we talked and so far right now......we are going to try and appeal the judges verdict. *sigh* Yes I want to try and do everything I can to get to Dallas, and get there as soon as I can, but with everything that I dealt with the first time makes me think of it alllll again.
   Because of things that my lawyer did not object to or even bring up in court; plus with her reasons why we can't move, we feel like if we appeal we can address those "issues" and maybe get another decision. There was a lot of frustration with how my lawyer dealt with things, or should I say did not deal with things, that maybe if we address those issues with him, we'll be able to go at it a second time more prepared. See my lawyer didn't tell me until AFTER our trial that this was his first trial....nice I know....he's dealt with these kinds of cases before, but they always got settled outside of court, so this was his first trial. I know I've posted it before, but he's a parapalegic and I feel bad getting upset with him about certain things. He gets sick a lot, and he needs help going through paperwork, etc. Which isn't a problem for me to help him, but I think when we were in court it kind of overwhelmed him??? I guess we just want to try again to address the issues the judge said were why we couldn't move, because we feel we can prove her wrong, but also just to know we did get everything out, and we tried to do EVERYTHING we could do. My only thought is when she said that the jobs we would have wouldn't pay enough to outweigh the meaningful continuance visits. We wouldn't have different jobs, but maybe if we prove the other things it could go different?
I've already called my lawyer and had to leave a message to talk to him about it, so I have no idea what he'll say back. When I had gotten his first email telling me we got denied he said we could appeal it, but to get another local judge that would overturn a colleagues decision would be hard. I know our judge we had is a well known "good" judge, but I hope that we can approach this judge in a way that will let them know that even though we got her reasons for dening it, the reasons given weren't covered like we thought they should have been.....something.

1 comment:

  1. Roller Coaster is right! I pray everything works out hon!! Maybe an appeal would be good!

    ReplyDelete

 

Bursey Ramblings | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Cuppy Cupcakes Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates