Monday, November 16, 2009

Give me a sign.....

Ok so since we can't move right now soooo many things have been running through my mind on "what's next?" We are appealing the judges decision and will have to wait and see if our appeal gets excepted. For some reason I was thinking you kind of get like an automatic chance to appeal right after a hearing and then if that appeal were to get denied then you'd have to wait, BUT that's not how it works. You can get your appeal denied at any time. So..... yeah we may not even get to stress, to a different judge, what we didn't get to say in the first trial. We know we'd be going in there already assuming that we are denied again, but we know that at least we'd get it off our chest and know that ok, we just have to wait a little longer. I should find out if we'll go to trial again in a week or so. Another thing is the insurance Josh owes me. Long story short he had Juliana on his insurance, dropped her without telling me (we pay 50/50 so I had been paying him) and I got her on mine and he hasn't paid his half for over a year. We are submitting in sometime to the court so that he'll have to start paying annndddd yet again I didn't know, but I'll have to go to trial for that! Me and the court....we're tight, close, best buds....well maybe not best buds.

Thennnn there's the plans for staying in Columbia. We want to move out of the townhouse we're in now. It's not the best neighborhood, it goes off your income, so getting a second job or going to school rent would be crazy and if I went to school then I couldn't even live here! We know where we want to move to, but want to wait until after tax time to have that financial "cushion" before we just jump into another place.

Theennnnn there's the jobs. I really am falling out of the banking industry. I've been doing it for over 3 years and I'm just done with it. I was happier at the other bank I was at, but they don't pay as much and I don't want to go back to banking anyway. I obviously want to be doing hair, which won't happen until after school so I'm thinking maybe something in retail or pretty much anything that's a lot more laid back! But again I don't want to look for something right now because my rent would change! It's a hassle to change all of your "stuff" with the management, and I just don't want to deal with it.

Last but not least there's going to school. If I go it would for 14 months, full time (they don't offer PT) and it is $9390 to go. I've applied for a grant and school loan and in the pending status they say I should be able to get a grant, but that's only for a certain amount and more than likely I would still owe for half of the schooling. It's totally not that bad compared to going to a University, but it's something that we would have to make payments to and just something to figure out financially. I sooo want to do it so that in a few years if we do have to go back to court to move again that I will have something "new" to present as far as jobs go. I just don't know how all this loan/school/bills stuff works. I would still work somewhere, but they'd have to be flexible with the school times. I think school is Mon-Thur and two of the days it's 11-7 and the other two days it's 8-4:30. I probably couldn't find something that pays as good as I'm getting now, but I'd have to have something just to help out.

Ok ramble ramble, but I just want to have some kind of PLAN! I feel like I have allllll this stuff going through my head but don't have them in an order and I just want to know what I should be doing. What do I need to be preparing for? Ugh....give me a sign God....give me a sign.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your comment on my blog. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had just read your last post and was going to tell you some of the same things. It sounds like your going through quite a bit right now making some decisions. Just have faith and go with your gut. I know it will all work out. I'm praying for you to get some direction.

    ReplyDelete

 

Bursey Ramblings | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Cuppy Cupcakes Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates