Ohhh man it's midnight and I really should be sleeping right now, BUT I'm not. I'm making cinnamon rolls (I know right), and knitting, and watching TV, facebooking, and blogging.....
I guess there's no real excitement going on, of course what can really be exciting when you're stuck in the house alll day! We got to do some Christmas shopping today, which was good, I love getting the kiddos stuff and knowing that when they open it they will have fun with it. We got a white Christmas tree, which is a first for me because I've always grown up with a big real tree, and just in the past few years have we done a fake one, just so we don't have to mess with all the "shedding" real trees do. We weren't going to get a tree because we thought Bredun would tear it up....and he tries to, but we've trapped the tree on top of a table in a corner between our love seat and couch with our extra car seat to block the bottom where the couches don't touch!
I have an official date of when I go back to work, and it's way too soon. Dec 14th....poo day...poo poo day. I need to go back though because since I didn't get maternity leave I had to use what vacation and sick time I had which only added up to 3 weeks, so I'm already going 3 weeks unpaid.
ooohhh shoot, smelling the cinnamon rolls from upstairs....I kind of forgot, hope they're not burnt! Later!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Growing like a weed...
We went to the doctor today and in a little over 2 weeks Kiya is 7.5 lbs 19 1/2 inches long and 34 1/2 in head circumfrance. Last time we were at the doctor she was 5.10 lbs, she was born 5.12 lbs and left the hospital at 5.04 lbs......MAMA'S MILK IS GOOD! :)
On sucky "stuff" Bredun gave pretty much all of us a cold. My head feels like it's going to explode and my nose will fall off, Kiya is sneezing, coughing, and doesn't want to stay asleep in her bassinet or crib for longer than 30 min unless I'm holding her and then she's knocked out. Bredun is teething too which makes him extra fussy and drooly and adds to my headache. I keep getting chills and feel super weak....ok I'm leaving the pitty party....buttttt it sucks.
On sucky "stuff" Bredun gave pretty much all of us a cold. My head feels like it's going to explode and my nose will fall off, Kiya is sneezing, coughing, and doesn't want to stay asleep in her bassinet or crib for longer than 30 min unless I'm holding her and then she's knocked out. Bredun is teething too which makes him extra fussy and drooly and adds to my headache. I keep getting chills and feel super weak....ok I'm leaving the pitty party....buttttt it sucks.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Give me a sign.....
Ok so since we can't move right now soooo many things have been running through my mind on "what's next?" We are appealing the judges decision and will have to wait and see if our appeal gets excepted. For some reason I was thinking you kind of get like an automatic chance to appeal right after a hearing and then if that appeal were to get denied then you'd have to wait, BUT that's not how it works. You can get your appeal denied at any time. So..... yeah we may not even get to stress, to a different judge, what we didn't get to say in the first trial. We know we'd be going in there already assuming that we are denied again, but we know that at least we'd get it off our chest and know that ok, we just have to wait a little longer. I should find out if we'll go to trial again in a week or so. Another thing is the insurance Josh owes me. Long story short he had Juliana on his insurance, dropped her without telling me (we pay 50/50 so I had been paying him) and I got her on mine and he hasn't paid his half for over a year. We are submitting in sometime to the court so that he'll have to start paying annndddd yet again I didn't know, but I'll have to go to trial for that! Me and the court....we're tight, close, best buds....well maybe not best buds.
Thennnn there's the plans for staying in Columbia. We want to move out of the townhouse we're in now. It's not the best neighborhood, it goes off your income, so getting a second job or going to school rent would be crazy and if I went to school then I couldn't even live here! We know where we want to move to, but want to wait until after tax time to have that financial "cushion" before we just jump into another place.
Theennnnn there's the jobs. I really am falling out of the banking industry. I've been doing it for over 3 years and I'm just done with it. I was happier at the other bank I was at, but they don't pay as much and I don't want to go back to banking anyway. I obviously want to be doing hair, which won't happen until after school so I'm thinking maybe something in retail or pretty much anything that's a lot more laid back! But again I don't want to look for something right now because my rent would change! It's a hassle to change all of your "stuff" with the management, and I just don't want to deal with it.
Last but not least there's going to school. If I go it would for 14 months, full time (they don't offer PT) and it is $9390 to go. I've applied for a grant and school loan and in the pending status they say I should be able to get a grant, but that's only for a certain amount and more than likely I would still owe for half of the schooling. It's totally not that bad compared to going to a University, but it's something that we would have to make payments to and just something to figure out financially. I sooo want to do it so that in a few years if we do have to go back to court to move again that I will have something "new" to present as far as jobs go. I just don't know how all this loan/school/bills stuff works. I would still work somewhere, but they'd have to be flexible with the school times. I think school is Mon-Thur and two of the days it's 11-7 and the other two days it's 8-4:30. I probably couldn't find something that pays as good as I'm getting now, but I'd have to have something just to help out.
Ok ramble ramble, but I just want to have some kind of PLAN! I feel like I have allllll this stuff going through my head but don't have them in an order and I just want to know what I should be doing. What do I need to be preparing for? Ugh....give me a sign God....give me a sign.
Thennnn there's the plans for staying in Columbia. We want to move out of the townhouse we're in now. It's not the best neighborhood, it goes off your income, so getting a second job or going to school rent would be crazy and if I went to school then I couldn't even live here! We know where we want to move to, but want to wait until after tax time to have that financial "cushion" before we just jump into another place.
Theennnnn there's the jobs. I really am falling out of the banking industry. I've been doing it for over 3 years and I'm just done with it. I was happier at the other bank I was at, but they don't pay as much and I don't want to go back to banking anyway. I obviously want to be doing hair, which won't happen until after school so I'm thinking maybe something in retail or pretty much anything that's a lot more laid back! But again I don't want to look for something right now because my rent would change! It's a hassle to change all of your "stuff" with the management, and I just don't want to deal with it.
Last but not least there's going to school. If I go it would for 14 months, full time (they don't offer PT) and it is $9390 to go. I've applied for a grant and school loan and in the pending status they say I should be able to get a grant, but that's only for a certain amount and more than likely I would still owe for half of the schooling. It's totally not that bad compared to going to a University, but it's something that we would have to make payments to and just something to figure out financially. I sooo want to do it so that in a few years if we do have to go back to court to move again that I will have something "new" to present as far as jobs go. I just don't know how all this loan/school/bills stuff works. I would still work somewhere, but they'd have to be flexible with the school times. I think school is Mon-Thur and two of the days it's 11-7 and the other two days it's 8-4:30. I probably couldn't find something that pays as good as I'm getting now, but I'd have to have something just to help out.
Ok ramble ramble, but I just want to have some kind of PLAN! I feel like I have allllll this stuff going through my head but don't have them in an order and I just want to know what I should be doing. What do I need to be preparing for? Ugh....give me a sign God....give me a sign.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Drained.....
Even though I won't go into detail about why I'm feeling "drained" emotionally right now there is a lot of "things" going on that I feel like lying in bed and crying. I don't feel like I can do anything right, I can't say anything right, and anything I do is not how it's supposed to be. I feel like.... nothing. I don't want sympathy, I just want to be understood. I feel like if I go read God's word or just try to be patient I never hear him, I don't know what to do......but cry.
The End
The End
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Soooo we might be going on another roller coaster....
Even though we haven't really talked a lot these past few days because of the moving situation, today was the most we talked and so far right now......we are going to try and appeal the judges verdict. *sigh* Yes I want to try and do everything I can to get to Dallas, and get there as soon as I can, but with everything that I dealt with the first time makes me think of it alllll again.
Because of things that my lawyer did not object to or even bring up in court; plus with her reasons why we can't move, we feel like if we appeal we can address those "issues" and maybe get another decision. There was a lot of frustration with how my lawyer dealt with things, or should I say did not deal with things, that maybe if we address those issues with him, we'll be able to go at it a second time more prepared. See my lawyer didn't tell me until AFTER our trial that this was his first trial....nice I know....he's dealt with these kinds of cases before, but they always got settled outside of court, so this was his first trial. I know I've posted it before, but he's a parapalegic and I feel bad getting upset with him about certain things. He gets sick a lot, and he needs help going through paperwork, etc. Which isn't a problem for me to help him, but I think when we were in court it kind of overwhelmed him??? I guess we just want to try again to address the issues the judge said were why we couldn't move, because we feel we can prove her wrong, but also just to know we did get everything out, and we tried to do EVERYTHING we could do. My only thought is when she said that the jobs we would have wouldn't pay enough to outweigh the meaningful continuance visits. We wouldn't have different jobs, but maybe if we prove the other things it could go different?
I've already called my lawyer and had to leave a message to talk to him about it, so I have no idea what he'll say back. When I had gotten his first email telling me we got denied he said we could appeal it, but to get another local judge that would overturn a colleagues decision would be hard. I know our judge we had is a well known "good" judge, but I hope that we can approach this judge in a way that will let them know that even though we got her reasons for dening it, the reasons given weren't covered like we thought they should have been.....something.
Because of things that my lawyer did not object to or even bring up in court; plus with her reasons why we can't move, we feel like if we appeal we can address those "issues" and maybe get another decision. There was a lot of frustration with how my lawyer dealt with things, or should I say did not deal with things, that maybe if we address those issues with him, we'll be able to go at it a second time more prepared. See my lawyer didn't tell me until AFTER our trial that this was his first trial....nice I know....he's dealt with these kinds of cases before, but they always got settled outside of court, so this was his first trial. I know I've posted it before, but he's a parapalegic and I feel bad getting upset with him about certain things. He gets sick a lot, and he needs help going through paperwork, etc. Which isn't a problem for me to help him, but I think when we were in court it kind of overwhelmed him??? I guess we just want to try again to address the issues the judge said were why we couldn't move, because we feel we can prove her wrong, but also just to know we did get everything out, and we tried to do EVERYTHING we could do. My only thought is when she said that the jobs we would have wouldn't pay enough to outweigh the meaningful continuance visits. We wouldn't have different jobs, but maybe if we prove the other things it could go different?
I've already called my lawyer and had to leave a message to talk to him about it, so I have no idea what he'll say back. When I had gotten his first email telling me we got denied he said we could appeal it, but to get another local judge that would overturn a colleagues decision would be hard. I know our judge we had is a well known "good" judge, but I hope that we can approach this judge in a way that will let them know that even though we got her reasons for dening it, the reasons given weren't covered like we thought they should have been.....something.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
