Monday, March 8, 2010

First day of school.....

So today was officially the first day of cosmetology school, as opposed to last Monday when I went thinking it was the first day. Which by the way was a tad embarrassing, but I got over it!

Most of the day was sitting in the little room listening to the instructor read to us everything about the school, what to expect and things of that. To say the least it gave me a headache, but at least I paid attention and now know what to expect. And what I  need to expect is Awesomeness! There are some things I'll have to be strict to myself about, but nothing too big of a deal. We have to maintain a 90% attendance record and a 80% grade average. Hopefully that's not hard to do, but I think I'll get the hang of things and get a routine down that it will fly by quickly.

 We are going to start some little things tomorrow, like braiding and pedicures, but it's something and I'm glad to be doing something hands on, on the second day. I'm so ready to learn from others, get more experience, start taking appointments and get some tips!

Oh and the best part about it is not only will I get FREE hair cuts and any styling I want done. I can get haircoloring done for $5, waxing for $1 and tons of other things, but those are the main things I'll most likely be doing. Basically I just have to pay for the product being used and not the service! A lot of stuff there is cheaper for people who book appointments anyway, because of it being a school. That being said if any of you want to get something done, once I can take appointments and start doing things....you better make an appointment with ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bursey Ramblings | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Cuppy Cupcakes Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates