Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Borrowed from Miss Mandi's post...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?


Hot Chocolate! I haven't tried Egg Nog in a really long time, but all of the times...yes timeS I have tried it I did NOT like it at all. I don't know why, but there is something in there I just don't like! But I'm a big Hot Chocolate girl, even if it's not cold outside sometimes I'll crave it, and I usually end up putting two packets in because one is just not chocolatey enough for me and ya gotta have marshmellows too! Lots of them, and sometimes you need to add more when you ate them too fast....just saying.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
   When I was a kid I think my  parents had Santa presents for a few years and that was it. I don't really remember doing it too much. We just started doing it now, but we also have presents from mommy and daddy. That being said we have the BIG Christmas presents that we "asked" Santa for unwrapped and then the other little ones wrapped up, and mommy and daddy's presents wrapped too. We also bake a cake for Santa, and then Santa a.k.a Daddy eats it.



3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

White, but this year we got a Christmas tree that is prelit and they are colored lights. I just think the white lights look so much more peaceful and pretty to go along with everything else, and when I say everything else I'm not sure what I mean....the snow...whatever, it just looks nicer ? cleaner? ok?


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

No...and I'm pretty sure if I did my husband would think it was dumb.


5. When do you put your decorations up?

Sometime around Thanksgiving. I usually get in the "spirit" of wanting to decorate for Christmas way before Thanksgiving so it's usually the week of Thanksgiving.



6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

The sweet stuff....but it doesn't really take a holiday dish for me to have the sweet stuff be my favorite. Oohhh but I do remember my moms homemade rolls...ohhh man they're good and you could eat like 6 of them at once and later on that day some more. I like peanut brittle, cherry pie....



7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

I don't think we really had anything that stands out to me as "wow!! Remember when...".



8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't really remember. I'm like Mandi I remember we use to have Santa presents, but it wasn't made into a big thing. Pluse eventually we'd go snooping around and find the presents so I'm pretty sure that's how we really found out about it.



9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Usually we could get my parents to let us open up one thing. The pj thing sounds like a good tradition to start. We got Juliana and Bredun the same pjs so I might let them open that and wear it to bed.



10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

Last year we did white lights, and random ornaments that I had from when I was a kid. This year we have a smaller tree on a coffee table with prelit lights and some red garland, trapped between our love seat and couch so that the little hands we have running around don't pull things off.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

The look of it love the feel of the cold and what it does to the roads....hate it. And just like Mandi says, I hate it when it starts to melt and gets all muddy and gross. ....and I HATE it when you get big ol chunks behind your car tires.



12. Can you ice skate?

Yes, not the best and it really  hurts my ankles after a while, but it's still fun. I haven't done it in forever though!



13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't think I had one that really stood out.  Is that bad? oh well.... I guess that just means I really liked ALL of my presents.



14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Remember who's birthday it really is...Jesus Christ..... and getting together with family and being all warm and cozy inside with them, and maybe going outside later to play in the snow...maybe, if mommy feels like it.



15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

I feel like I answered this with the favorite holiday dish questions so I guess I'll just repeat in saying, the sweet stuff. Oh and I love the tin cans of popcorn that have 3 different flavors....mine were always cheese, carmel and cinnamon, but you can hardly ever find those three flavors together anymore, now they always have butter, and it is NOT the same as fresh warm microwaved butter popcorn.



16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I don't really recall a holiday tradition....??



17. What tops your tree?
Nothing right now, but we used to have an antique looking star that we'd put on top.


18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

Both. I like getting someone something that I know...sometimes think that they will really enjoy, and having that feeling of "they think my present was the best" even if they faked it, they must have done a good job, because I could always get that feeling for the most part.



19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

hmmm... I honestly can't think of my ultimate favorit, but I always enjoyed the good ol Silent Night



20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Yum but more so the yummy flavored ones they have out now, like cotton candy.



21 Favorite Christmas Show?

Mines ELF too Mandi! Oh man I got that as a gift for Christmas one year....funny funny



22. Saddest Christmas Song?

I don't really  know on this one....nothing that really makes me sad.....because Christmas is the birth of Jesus and there's nothing sad about that right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bursey Ramblings | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Cuppy Cupcakes Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates