Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock....

So, after going back and forth and around in 5 million circles, we (crossing my fingers) have a date to meet with the lawyers to find out if the move to TX is a go or not. It's been a frustrating journey to even get to this point, and I'm hoping that after this meeting we will be relieved to some extent. Almost a year ago (September) I added Juliana to my insurance and every month after that I've received no payments from Josh and have been battling to arrange some kind of meeting to get things settled.
Once the letter for the move was sent off, I had to send it twice because he was too lazy to go to the post office and pick up the notice that he had gotten on his door twice reminding him that he had something there. Then he contested the move and we waited around 2 months or more to hear back from his lawyer with a date that we could meet to discuss a new visitation. After a lot of phone calls and emails to her, she finally responded and we had a date for the 18Th (? I think) of August to meet. Then my lawyer gets sick and is in bed for 2 weeks. See he's a paraplegic so he gets sick a lot. Then to my surprise I find out we were supposed to respond back to their contest to the move and we had 2 weeks....totally missed that deadline, because of my lawyer was sick. We thought we might have to start over, go to a judge or something horrible. Well apparently not very many lawyers know about that deadline because it's hidden in some paragraph in the statute. So I had a date to meet with them on the 27Th of this month and a few days later I hear from Josh's lawyer that she forgot about a court date she had set up and we'll have to reschedule....uuummm can I not stress the word "frustration" enough by this point? Well I ended up sending a email to my lawyer basically complaining because I've waited almost a YEAR, and I've been ignored (by Josh's lawyer mostly) and put on the back burner, not gotten paid, this and that. He came back with a response....how does the 26Th sound? So we're meeting the 26Th of this month and I'm hoping nothing will happen in the next few days to make this not happen.
Pray pray pray that it goes well and we find good news. I think there has been a lot of stress, frustration, and pretty much any other word you can think of during all of this and to know that we can move where we can be happier. I think it's put a lot on our marriage, not really know what the future holds because of this issue, and it's more upsetting to me than anything, because I know that the mistakes you make you have to pay for, and I feel like I've been paying for this mistake of not being responsible for a while and to know it effects others now makes it worse. I know God forgave me for that mistake, but how long does "this" go on?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, just reading this made me want to bang my head against a wall! Wow! I so hope you guys get this settled once and for all. Actually, to be honest, my prayer is that he will just sign over his parental rights. He's not being a parent as it is, he's just using her and using this as a way to get control of you guys and it ticks me off. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's been frustrating to me too, but it's like I'm so used to it I don't know how to act anymore. I wish he would sign his rights over too, but I doubt that will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete

 

Bursey Ramblings | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Cuppy Cupcakes Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates